View the updated article at our new site, Land Transport Guru. Click here to continue.
SMRT Feeder Service 301 is a Feeder service operating from Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange and looping at Choa Chu Kang Ave 5 & 6, passing through Choa Chu Kang Avenue 3 and 5.
Service 301 was extended to ply Keat Hong Close and call at 2 additional bus stops from 03 January 2016.
|Route||Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange ↺ Choa Chu Kang Ave 5 & 6 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Choa Chu Kang Way, Ave 2, Ave 3|
|Travelling Time||25 mins|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses|
|Current Depot||Kranji Bus Depot (KJDEP)|
|Current Fleet||MAN NL323F|
|Departure Times from T1||0530 – 0055 (Weekdays)
0545 – 0055 (Saturdays, Sundays/PHs)
|0630-0830: 6 min
0831-1659: 5 – 8 min
1700-1930: 5 – 8 min
After 1930: 6 – 10 min
Service 301 provides residents of Choa Chu Kang Neighborhoods 2 and 4 with greater connectivity to transport nodes at Choa Chu Kang Town Centre, namely Choa Chu Kang MRT/LRT station and Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange. It also serves other amenities in the neighborhood, such as Lot 1 Shoppers’ Mall and Sunshine Place. It is the thirty-ninth (39th) service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), as well as the sixth feeder bus service.
The service loops at Choa Chu Kang Ave 6, a new road that joins the extension of Choa Chu Kang Ave 5 with Brickland Road and Choa Chu Kang Ave 1. It will serve four new bus stops, namely one along Choa Chu Kang Ave 5 extension, one along Choa Chu Kang Ave 6, and two more bus stops opposite existing ones along Choa Chu Kang Ave 2. The new Service 301 will benefit residents of newly-built residential developments in the CCK Ave 5/6 area, namely the HDB Bulit-to-Order (BTO) developments of Sunshine Gardens, Keat Hong Crest and Keat Hong Pride.
Originally intended to be launched on 15 Feb 2015 as the thirty-seventh (37th) BSEP-introduced bus service, negative feedback from Choa Chu Kang residents led to the postponing of the launch along with the accompanying Service 983 introduction and Service 300 amendment. The route was subsequently revised to its present form.
Originally proposed to ply via Choa Chu Kang Ave 3, the improved Service 301 now plys along Choa Chu Kang Ave 2, making use of the new bus stops built along Choa Chu Kang Ave 2 for the then proposed Service 300G/W which was cancelled.
This services provides a shorter bus route for residents at Choa Chu Kang Ave 2 to Choa Chu Kang Int instead of Service 300 which travels via Choa Chu Kang Ave 4.
On 19 April 2015, free route familiarization rides for the amended Service 300, new services 301 & 983 took place for the public and Choa Chu Kang residents to ride. SMB3077U was deployed for the amended Service 301 familiarization.
From 03 Jan 2016, Service 301 was extended to ply Keat Hong Close, calling at 2 additional bus stops along Keat Hong Close which serves the new Keat Hong Crest and Keat Hong Pride Estate.
- Choa Chu Kang Ave 3 (Sunshine Pl) → Choa Chu Kang Int
Daily: 0515hrs until first bus from CCK Int
Fare: Fares for Feeder Services are basic fares capped at 3.2km. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 301′s fleet comprises MAN NL323F buses under the BSEP scheme.
- 2015 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 2015 (02 Feb): New Service 301 announced as a feeder service from Choa Chu Kang to Keat Hong Close under LTA’s Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), to be launched from 15 Feb 2015.
- 2015 (10 Feb): Service introduction delayed to Early April 2015 following feedback from Choa Chu Kang residents to SMRT & LTA.
- 2015 (25 Apr): New Service 301 launched as a feeder service from Choa Chu Kang to Choa Chu Kang Ave 5 & 6 under LTA’s Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2015 (14 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (03 Jan): Extended to ply Keat Hong Close, calling at 2 additional bus stops along Keat Hong Close.
- Proposed Route in Feb 2015: Choa Chu Kang (CCK) Int, CCK Loop, CCK Ave 4, CCK Way, CCK Ave 3, CCK Ave 5, Keat Hong Close (Loop)
- 2015: Choa Chu Kang (CCK) Int, CCK Loop, CCK Ave 4, CCK Way, CCK Ave 2, CCK Ave 1, CCK Ave 3, CCK Ave 5, CCK Ave 6, CCK Ave 1, CCK Ave 2, CCK Way, CCK Ave 4, CCK Loop, Choa Chu Kang (CCK) Int
- 2016: Amended to present routing
External Links & References:
- TransitLink E-Guide
- SGWiki – Buses
- SMRT – Postponed Implementation of Route Changes
Back to Choa Chu Kang Intratown and Feeder routes
Back to Feeder, Townlink and Intratown routes
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles